The Use of Text as a Means of Social Adaptation
Communication has been a part of human life. as social beings, people always want to get connected. In other words, communication is fundamental for a person in social life. When communicating, people deliver messages to others. in order for the messages to be delivered, text with which language is the medium is required. Therefore, text has a very important role as a means of social adaptation. In 2013, Agency of Language Development and Fostering launched 2013 curriculum with text-based-learning scheme to bring a new paradigm for education in Indonesia. Textual learning enables children to resolve real-life problems with critical thinking and to engage with social adaptation. in the process of adaptation,individual delivers thoughts, ideas, messages through text with which language is the medium. This study used descriptive method to obtain the description of text use as a means of social adaptation. by examining Indonesia Language Textbook in I, IV, VII, and X grade, it can be concluded that every text has different social function together with different communication purpose among human beings.
Cangara, Hafied. 2010. Pengantar Ilmu Komunikasi. Jakarta: PT Raja Grasindo Persada.
Departemen Pendidikan Nasional. 2011. Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Dhieni, Nurbiana, et al. 2009. Metode Pengembangan Bahasa. Jakarta: Universitas Terbuka.
Effendy, Onong Uchjana. 2005. Ilmu Komunikasi: Teori dan Praktek. Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
Halliday, M.A.K. 1978. Language as Sosial Semiotic: The Social Interpretation of Language and Meaning. London: Edward Arnold. Indonesia. 2013. Bahasa Indonesia Ekspresi Diri dan Akademik. Jakarta: Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
Mahsun. 2013. “Pembelajaran Bahasa Indonesia Menggunakan Pendekatan Teks”. (Kompas Edu, 27 Februari 2013, diakses 8 April 2013).
Maryanto. 2013. “Kurikulum ‘Struktur Teks’”. Kompas, 3 April 2013.
Psychologymania, Pusat Informasi Psikologi. 2012. “Adaptasi Sosial”. (http://www.psychologymania. com/2012/11/adaptasi-sosial.html, diakses 6 Maret 2014).
Santoso, Anang. 2012. Studi Bahasa Kritis: Menguak Bahasa Membongkar Kuasa. Bandung: Mandar Maju.
Sufanti, Main. 2013. “Pembelajaran Bahasa Indonesia Berbasis Teks: Belajar dari Ohio Amerika Serikat”. (publikasiilmiah.ums.ac.id, diakses 6 Maret 2014).
Widjaja, H.A.W. 2010. Komunikasi: Komunikasi dan Hubungan Masyarakat. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
Wiratno, Tri. 2013. “Pembelajaran Bahasa Berbasis Teks dan Jenis-Jenis Teks”. Makalah pada Sosialisasi Pembelajaran Bahasa Indonesia dalam Implementasi Kurikulum 2013. Jakarta: Badan Pengembangan dan Pembinaan Bahasa, Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
Copyright (c) 2014 Dessy Wahyuni
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.