Scientific ethics code statement is a statement of ethics code of all parties involved in the scientific journals publication process, there are the manager, editor, expert partner, and author / writer. Scientific publication of ethical codes statement based on the Head of LIPI Regulation No. 5 of 2014 on the Code Ethics of Scientific Publications, which essentially upholds three ethical values in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, is free from conflict of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, give authority to the writer; and (iii) Honesty, is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in the publication.
Editor’s Task and Responsibilities
- Confronting the necessary of readers and authors/writers,
- Seeking improvement of publication quality continuously,
- Implementing processes to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritizing freedom of giving opinion objectively,
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic record,
- Conveying corrections, clarifications, retract, and apologies as required,
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and all statements in the paper is the the author/writer’s responsibility,
- Actively asking the opinions of authors, readers, reviewers , and editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Encouraging the assessment of the journal if any findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking the authors attach an Ethical Clearance form approved by the Ethical Clearance Commission,
- Supporting initiatives to educate researchers about publications ethic,
- Assessing the effect of publishing policy on the author /writer's attitudes and reviewer and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors
- Having an open mind to new opinions or views of others who may be contrary to personal opinion,
- Do not defend your own opinion, author or third party that may cause a non-objective decision,
- Encouraging authors/writers in order to make improvements so the paper proper to publish.
Reviewer’s Tasks and Responsibilities
- Getting an assignment from the editor to review the article and submit the review to the editor, as the material for act to determining the expediency of an article to be published.
- The reviewer shall not review any articles that involving him, whether directly or indirectly.
- Keeping the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by giving critics, suggestions, feedback, and recommendations.
- Encouraging author/writer to make improvements to the articles.
- Reviewing the articles that have been improved to appropriate with the standards that have been determined.
- The articles are reviewed in a timely according to the publisher’s circle style based on the scientific rules (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities Author/Writer
- Ensuring that the authors/writers on the list fulfill the criteria.
- Collectively responsible for the work and the contents of the article include methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- Stating the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Describing the limitations in the study.
- Responding to the reviewers’ comments professionally and timely manner.
- Informing the editor if it will retract his article.
- Making a statement that the article submitted for publication are original, has not been published anywhere in any language, and is not on the process of submitting to other publishers.