The Study on Thematic Aspect in The Novel “Saman” by Ayu Utami and “Nayla” by Djenar Maesa Ayu
This researchaimed atobtainingan overall description of the mesandlevels in the novel Saman by AyuUtami and Nayla by Djenar Maesa Ayu. The method used was descriptive qualitative method. Theresults of this research showed that these two novels not only addressed the sexual exploitation, butalso addressed other issues which were more complex. Quantitatively, the occurrences of events, categorization of main theme levels within these two novels were among the theme of social levels.
Ayu, Djenar Maesa. 2006. Nayla. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Ibrahim, Abd. Syukur. 1987. Kesusastraan Indonesia Sajian Latih Ajar Mandiri. Surabaya: Usaha Nasional.
Iper, Dunis et al. 2003. Tema, Amanat, dan Nilai Budaya Karungut Wajib Belajar 9 Tahun dalam Sastra Dayak. Jakarta: Pusat Bahasa Departemen Pendidikan Nasional.
Nurgiyantoro, Burhan. 2005. Teori Pengkajian Fiksi. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
Rampan, Korrie Layun. 2000. Angkatan 2000, Dalam Sastra Indonesia. Jakarta: Grasindo.
Saidiman. 2007. Surealisme, Seks, Kapitalisme: Karya Sastra Kaum Muda. www. Kapanlagi.com
Sugiarti & Handayani. 1999. Kajian Kontemporer Ilmu Budaya Dasar. Malang: UMM Press.
Sugiarti. 2001. Pengetahuan dan Kajian Prosa Fiksi. Malang: UMM Press
Utami, Ayu. 1998. Saman. Jakarta: Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia.
Copyright (c) 2014 Umiatun Sa'diyah
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.