Genetic Relationship of Banjar and Bali Language: Comparative Historical Linguistic Review
It is comparative historical linguistic study that discuss the genetic relations of two languages in South Kalimantan, they are Bali and Banjar language. The problem of this study is 1) banjar dan Bali language that have same retensi, 2) Bnajar dan Bali language in the form of fonological innovation, 3) genetic relation of Bnajr and Bali language base on lexicostatistic calculation, 4) consonant and vocal correspondence, 5) consonant and vocal variation. The study aims relationship status of Bali and Banjar language through lexicostatistic calculation. The data are gained through interview by filling the questionaires consisting of 200 Swades vocabularies. Those vocabularies are classified into relationship and non relationship vocabularies. The theory which is used in this study is comparative historical linguistic theory. This study uses two approaches to determine and prove the close relationship of both languages, they are quantitative and qualitative approach. Lexicostatistic approach is used in quantitative approach, while comparation method is used in qualitative approach. The result shows that the relationship of Banjar and Bali language are in the grass level language. It is proven based on the calculation about 24,5%. This scale is proven by the same and similarity of both languages, they are 21 same vocabularies, 29 similar vocabularies of Banjar and Bali language. It can be conclude that Banjar and Bali language has close relationship.
Crowley, Terry.1987 An Introduction to Historical Linguistics. Papua New Guinea: Universty of Papua New Guinea.
Fernandez, I. 1996. Relasi KekerabatanBahasa Flores. Jakarta: Nusa Indah.
Greenberg, Joseph. H. 1966. Essays in Linguistics. Chicago:University of Chicago Press.
Jahdiah, dkk. . 2012. Bahasa Daerah di Kalimantan Selatan. Banjarbaru:Balai BahasaProvinsi Kalimantan Selatan.
Jahdiah. 2011. “Relasi Kekerabatan bahasa banjar dan lawangan”. Dalam Jurnal Hasil Penelitian Bahasa dan Sastra Undas,Volume 6 Nomor 1 Juli 2011 Hlm. 6-16.
Kawi, D. 2002. Bahasa Banjar:Dialek dan Subdialeknya. Banjarmasin: PT Grafika Wangi.
Keraf. G. 1995. Lingusitik Historis Kompratif. Jakarta: PT Gramedia.
Nastiti, D.2007.“Distribusi dan pemetaan Variasi-variasi bahasa Bali Di Kabupaten Dompu.Dalam Jurnal Mabasam,Volume 1 Nomor 2 edisi Juli-Desember. hlm1-16.
Mahsun. 1995. Dialektologi Diakronis: Sebuah Pengantar. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
Sanjoko. 2011. “Hubungan Kekerabatan Bahasa Nafri dan Bahasa Sentani”Kibas Cenderawasih: Jurnal ilmiah Kebahasaan dan Kesastraan 7 (2), hlm.97.
Summer Institutes of Linguistics (SIL). 2001. Languages of Indonesia. Second Edition. Jakarta: SIL International Indonesia Branch.
Yayuk, Rissari. 2009. “Relasi Kekerabatan Bahasa Banjar danBakumpai (tesis) Banjarmasin”: Program Studi Bahasa dan Sastra.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.