Social Criticism in The Novel Maafkan Aku, Kuala Mesuji Workst Fajar: Sociology Literature Review
Research on novel Maafkan Aku, Kuala Mesuji aims to uncover the social criticism contained in the novel Maafkan Aku, Kuala Mesuji Dawn works through literature sociological approach. The method used in this research is descriptive qualitative method, with which the technical content analysis to uncover and then describe the extrinsic elements, what and how social criticism contained in the novel. The focus of this research is social criticism contained in the novel Maafkan Aku, Kuala Mesuji Dawn works which include: first, social criticism on people's lives Kuala Mesuji. Second, the social criticism of the education in Kuala Mesuji. Engineering analysis conducted by researchers are read and understand the contents of the novel, to analyze social criticism, and then interpret the data according to the indicators focus on research and facts (events) underlying social criticism found. Based on the research results show that the novel Maafkan Aku, Kuala Mesuji works of Dawn, does contain social criticism that is raised from the conversation the leaders and also through the narrative.
Darma, Budi. 1995. Harmonium. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Damono, Sapardi Djoko. 1984Sosiologi Sastra: Sebuah Pengantar Ringkas. Jakarta Pusat: Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa.
Endraswara, Suwardi. 2004. Metodelogi Penelitian Sastra. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Pustaka Widyatama.
Fajar, 2016. Maafkan Aku, Kuala Mesuji. Diandra Pustaka Indonesia. Yogyakarta.
Luxemburg, Jan Van, dkk. 1989. Pengantar Ilmu Sastra. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Nurgiyantoro, Burhan. 2009. Teori Pengkajian Fiksi. Yogyakarta: Gajah Mada University Press
Kuntowijoyo. 1999. Budaya dan Masyarakat Yogyakarta: PT. Tiara Wacana Yogya.
Sumardjo, Jakob. 1979. Masyarakat dan Sastra Indonesia. Yogyakarta: Nur Cahaya.
Sarwadi. 1975. Sastra dalam Kesusasteraan Indonesia Modern. Yogyakarta: Tanpa Penerbit.
Soekanto, Soerjono. 2009. Sosiologi Suatu Pengantar. Jakarta: Rajawali Pers.
Teeuw, A. 1984. Sastra dan Ilmu Sastra. Jakarta : Pustaka Jaya.
Wellek, Rene dan Austin Warren. 1993. Teori Kesusastraan, Terjemahan Melani Budianta. Jakarta: Gramedia.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.