Malay Language in Politeness Ternate
Nowadays, language politeness seems to be ignored in communication. It happens not only in Indonesia language usage, but also in vernicular usage. Ternate Malay Language is one of languages that spoken in North Maluku. This study aims to describe the language politeness in Ternate Malay Language, and to explain specifically about the principle of politeness and speech form based on a politeness measurement scale. This study uses a description method with three stages, namely the stage of providing data, data analysis, and presenting the results of data analysis. The results of the study found that the principle of speech politeness was divided into tact maxim, generosity maxim, approbation maxim, modesty maxim, agreement maxim, dan simpathy maxim, while the forms of speech based on language politeness measuring scale was divided into optionality scale, loss and profit (cost-benefit scale), non-sustainability (indirectness scale), authority scale (authority scale), and social distance scale (social distance).
Alwi, Hasan.et al. 1993. Tata Bahasa Baku Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta:Balai Pustaka.
Chaer, Abdul. 2010. Kesantunan Berbahasa. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
---------------. 2014. Sosiolinguistik. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Kridalaksana, Harimurti. 2007. Kamus Linguistik. Edisi ketiga. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Leech, Geoffrey. 1993. Prinsip-Prinsip Pragmatik. Jakarta: UI-Press.
Mahsun. 2007. Metode Penelitian Bahasa (Tahapan, Strategi, Metode, dan Tekniknya). Jakarta: Raja Grafindo Persada.
Mulae, Sunaidin Ode. 2015. Pengantar Morfologi: Bahasa Etnik Kao dan Bahasa Melayu Ternate.Yogyakarta: Morfalingua.
Pranowo. 2009. Berbahasa Secara Santun. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Sudaryanto, 1993. Metode dan Aneka Teknik Analisis Bahasa. Yogyakarta: MLI Komsariat Universitas Gajah Mada.
Yule, George. 2014. Pragmatik.Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Copyright (c) 2018 Fida Febriningsih, Mujahid Taha
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.