The Relation of Nafri, Sentani, and Tabla Language:
A Lexicostatistic Study
This research aims to find the relation between Nafri, Sentani, and Tabla language. The researcher used lexicostatistical approach. Lexicostatistics is a technique in which language groupings tend to promote observation of words (lexicon) statistically. Through this technique, it is then possible to draw conclusion based upon similarity percentage and differences between one language and another. The results showed that Nafri, Sentani, and Tabla language come from one language family.
Anttilla, Raimo.1972. An Introduction to Historical and Comparative Linguistics. New York: Macmillan.
Campbell, Lyle. 1998. Historical Linguistics: An Introduction. Edinburgh: Edinburh University.
Crowley, Terry.1992. An Introduction to Historical Linguistics .Auckland: Oxford University Press.
Fernandez, Inyo. 1996. Relasi Historis Kekerabatan Bahasa Flores (Kajian Linguistik Historis Komparatif terhadap Sembilan Bahasa di Flores). Yogyakarta: Nusa Indah.
Grimes, Barbara F. (Ed.). 2006. Bahasa-Bahasa di Indonesia. Jakarta: SIL International Cabang Indonesia.
Keraf, Gorys A. 1996. Linguistik Bandingan Historis. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Mbete, Aron Meko. 2002. Metode Linguistik Diakronis. Denpasar: Universitas Udayana.
Multamia, dkk. 2000. Kekerabatan dan Pemetaan Bahasa-Bahasa di Provinsi Nusa Tenggara Timur. Jakarta: Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa, Departemen Pendidikan Nasional.
Silzer, Peter J. 1986. “Peta Lokasi BahasaBahasa Daerah di Propinsi Irian Jaya”. Jayapura: Universitas Cendrawasih dan Summer Institute of Linguistic.
Tachier, A. 1991. “Bahasa-Bahasa Suku Bangsa di Irian Jaya”. Jayapura: Kantor Wilayah Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan Provinsi Irian Jaya.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.