The Power of Eyes and Subject Placing in the Poem by Joko Pinurbo
The problem of this research is the power and subject of the poem written by Joko Pinurbo in the anthology of Malam Ini Aku Ingin Tidur di Matamu, published by Grasindo, in 2017. The data of the research is “Kepada Mata”, “Kepada Hellen Keller”, “Dokter Mata”, and “Kacamata”. This study aims to determine the production of power and subject positioning, as well as the reason why the eyes become the source of subject positioning through Foucault perspective. By reading the data, It can be understood each word, line, and verse, and related to the concept of Foucaludian. Furthermore, the eye discourse understanding will be related to power production until the subject positioning is formed. The results of the study shows the presence of the subject in discourse, namely saya, (Eng)Kau, (a)ku, Tuan, Dokter Mata, (ka)mu, and Ia. The existence of the eyes also presents a subject that is subjected by discourse, namely saya as a discourse reader. Subject and eyes relations indicate the acknowledgment of the transcendent, or the great one attributed to your subject (Eng), (ka), and Ia. The eyes present an acknowledgment the subject, saya, to the power of the subject, Ia, as something great. The eyes can be as the subject because the eyes become a part of the body that is able to observe and master the subject/object so that it can control everything that is seen.
Faruk. 2008. Pascastrukturalisme: Teori, Implikasi, Metodologi, dan Contoh Aplikasinya. Jakarta: Pusat Bahasa, Departemen Pendidikan Nasional.
Foucault, Michel. 1981. “The Order of Discourse”, Inaugural Lecture at the College de France, 2 Desember 1976, dipublikasikan kembali dalam Robert Young (ed). Untying the Text: A Post-Structuralist Reader. Boston: Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd.
-------------------. 2009. ‘Method’, in Cultural Theory and Popular Culture: A Reader, 4th ed, edited by John Storey, Harlow: Pearson Education.
Hall, Stuart. 2003. Representation. London: SAGE Publication Ltd.
Hardiningtyas, Puji Retno., dkk. 2018. “Otoritas Tubuh Antara Sakral dan Profan Dalam Puisi Karya Penyair Bali Tahun 1970—2016”. Jurnal Aksara, 30(1), hlm. 17—42, http://dx.doi.org/ 10.29255/aksara.v30i1.238.17-41
Rahariyoso, Dwi. 2014. “Paradoks Ruang Tubuh Dalam Puisi “Sakramen” Karya Joko Pinurbo: Kajian ‘Pascakolonial Tubuh’ Sara Upstone”. Jurnal Poetika. Jurnal Ilmu Sastra, Vol. II, No. 1, Juli 2014, hlm. 43—54, http://dx.doi. org/10.22146/poetika.10413.43-54
----------------------. 2017. Konstruksi Tubuh Joko Pinurbo. Yogyakarta: Araska Publisher.
Sarup, Madan. 2003. Post-Strukturalism and Postmodernism: Sebuah Pengantar Kritis. Terjemahan: Medhy Aginta Hidayat. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Jendela.
Supriyadi. 2014. Strukturalisme dan Posstrukturalisme. Yogyakarta: Gress Publishing.
Pinurbo, Joko. 2016. Malam Ini Aku Akan Tidur di Matamu: Sehimpun Puisi Pilihan. Jakarta: Grasindo (PT Gramedia Widiasarana Indonesia).
Copyright (c) 2018 Ahmad Zamzuri
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.