SOCIAL PREJUDICE LANGUAGE IN SHORT STORY “CLARA” BY SENO GUMIRA AJIDARMA
This study discusses social prejudice language in short story “Clara” by Seno Gumira Ajidarma. Prejudiced language is also found in literary works. Literary works as imaginary works usually offer human and humanity, life and life problems. The author lived up to these issues with a sincerity which was then expressed back through the means of fiction by his views. Fiction tells the various problems of human life and its interaction with the environment and neighbor. Fiction is the result of contemplation, the author's reaction and environment and life. The purpose of this study is to identify language strategies that contain prejudices in short story “Clara” by Seno Gumira Ajidarma. This research is qualitative descriptive research. The data in this study is the text taken from short story “Clara atawa Wanita yang Diperkosa” by Seno Gumira Ajidarma. Data analysis in this study consist of (1) data collection in the form of text which is considered to show prejudice from short stories, and (2) texts odentification that have been obtained based on the expression of prejudices and rhetorical devices. The results showed that the literary language in the short story could not be separated from prejudice. Type of language strategies used are; repetition, generalization, and the appointment of minorities. It also shows that based on the data, all types of language strategies, repetition, generalization, minority appointments, and the name of origin tend to be used to denote negative prejudices.
Alfandi, M. (2013). “Prasangka: Potensi pemicu konflik internal umat islam”. Jurnal Walisongo, 21(1). hal 120-135.
Baron, A. Robert & Byrne, Donn.(1991). Social Psychology. London: Allyn and Bacon.
Brown, R. (2005). Prejudice: Menangani Prasangka dari Perspektif Psikologi Sosial. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Kartono, Kartini. (1981). Patologi Sosial Jilid I. Bandung: Rajawali Press.
Kuncoro, Joko. (2012). ‘Prasangka dan Diskriminasi’. Makalah. Semarang: Fakultas Psikologi UNISSULA.
Nurgiyantoro, Burhan. (2010). Teori Pengkajian Fiksi. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
Sarwono S.W., Meinarno E.A. (ed.), (2009). Psikologi Sosial. Jakarta: Salemba Humanika.
Sarwono, Salito Wirawan. (2007). Psikologi Prasangka Orang Indonesia. Jakarta: PT RajaGrafindo Persada.
Sears D. O. (1994). Psikologi Sosial Jilid II. Jakarta: Erlangga,
Soekanto, Soerjono. (1999). Sosiologi Suatu Pengantar. Jakarta: PT. RajaGrafindo Persada.
Sudaryanto. (1993). Metode dan Aneka Teknik Analisis Bahasa: Pengantar Penelitian Wahana Kebudayaan Secara Linguistik. Yogyakarta: Duta Wacana University Press.
Sukab. (28 April 2018). Clara atawa Wanita yang Diperkosa. Diperoleh dari www.sukab.wordpress.com
Susetyo, D.P.B. (2010). Stereotip dan Relasi Antar Kelompok. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
Tenriawali, A. Yusdianti., & Aryana, A. (2016). ‘Bahasa dan Prasangka dalam Media Sosial’. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Bulan Bahasa, Universitas Hasanuddin. Vol. 1, No. 1. hal 45-55.
Teun A. van Dijk. (1984). Prejudice in discourse. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
Worchel, S., Cooper, R., Goethals, G. R., & Olson, J.M. (2000). Social Psychology. USA: Thomson Learning.
Copyright (c) 2019 A. Yusdianti Tenriawali
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.