TRANSLATION PROCEDURES OF LINGUISTIC TERMS IN GLOSSARY
Linguistic terms are somehow universal, although in some language those terms are not exactly mutual. Considering some linguistics differences among languages, there must be a careful consideration in translating linguistics terms. This research is conduct to analyze the translation process of English linguistics terms into Indonesian. Which translation procedures is applied in linguistics terms in glossary. In analyzing the data, the writer applies the theory Pedoman Umum Pembentukan Istilah (PUPI), diagram V translation Newmark’s methods, and other translation procedures contains of: (1) transposition, (2) modulation, (3) descriptive equivalent, (4) naturalisation, (5) paraphrase, (6) reduction and expansion, (7) compensation, (8) footnote translation, (9) recognised translation, (10) cultural equivalent, (11) transference, (12) calque, and (13) couplets. This is a qualitative research, and the source data comes from Glosarium Badan Pengembangan Bahasa dan Perbukuan (linguistic term only). Data collecting technique used in this research is document analysis. Having analyzed twenty entries from the glossaries, the writer found that there are some kind of technique used in translating the linguistic terms into the target language.
Akhiroh, N. S. (2010). "Kesepadanan Makna Terjemahan Berita Internasional" yang Terbit di Koran Seputar Indonesia.
Arifin, Z., Meimunah, L., & Marstiani, D. (2017). "Strategi Penerjemahan Istilah-Istilah Fonetik" dalam Buku Teks A Course in Phonetics, 107–114.
Emzir. (2015). Teori dan Pengajaran Penerjemahan. Depok: Raja Grafindo Persada.
Glosarium Linguistik. (2002). Jakarta: Pusat Bahasa.
KBBI Edisi Kelima. (2016). Jakarta: Balai Pustaka.
Khairah, M., & Sakura H. Ridwan. (2014). Sintaksis: Memahami Satuan Kalimat Perspektif Fungsi. Bumi Aksara.
Modul Pendidikan dan Pelatihan Fungsional Penerjemah. (2013). Modul Teori Dasar Penerjemahan untuk Pendidikan dan Pelatihan Fungsional Penjenjangan Penerjemah Tingkat Pertama. Jakarta: Kementerian Sekretariat Negara Republik Indonesia.
Munday, J. (2016). Introducing Translation Studies Theories and Applications (Fourth). New York: Routledge.
Newmark, P. (1991). About Translation. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters.
---------------. (1998). A Textbook of Translation. London: Prentice Hall.
PUPI. (2007) (Ketiga). Jakarta: Pusat Bahasa.
Wardoyo, C. (2016). "Strategi Penerjemahan Istilah-Istilah Pragmatik dalam buku Principles os Pragmatics oleh Geofrey Leech.
Copyright (c) 2019 Meryna Afrila, Emzir Emzir, MIftahulkhairah Anwar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.