USE OF JARGON LANGUAGE BY GRAB MALANG DRIVER IN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
Driver Grab has a special word (jargon) to communicate in groups. This study aims to describe the form and meaning of Grab driver jargon. This research uses descriptive qualitative method because the analyzed data are in the form of words and phrases from the Grab Malang whatsapp driver group. The results showed that driver grab jargon has two forms of lingual units, while the meaning of jargon has two meanings. The lingual unit form consists of words and phrases with. Word forms refer to activities, greetings, nouns, place nouns, and circumstances. Phrase form refers to activities, greetings, place nouns, and circumstances. Whereas the meaning of jargon consists of literal meaning and contextual meaning. The use of language jargon in the Grab whatsapp driver group is done to make communication more effective and differentiate with the community outside the driver group and to provide easier language access for new members in the Grab Malang whatsapp driver group.
Alwi H., Dkk. (2010). Tata Bahasa Baku Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: Pusat bahasa dan Balai Pustaka.
Chaer, A. (2009). Sintaksis Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Chaer, A. (2011). Tata Bahasa Praktis Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Chaer, A dan Leonie A. (1995). Sosiolinguistik: Perkenalan Awal. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Dani K. Kamus Lengkap Bahasa Indonesia: Dilengkapi dengan EYD. Surabaya: Putra Harsa.
Kurnia, V., Ermanto, & Emidar. (2013). Penggunaan Jargon Oleh Komunitas Chatting Facebook Di Kalangan Mahasiswa Universitas Negeri Padang. Bahasa Dan Sastra, 1(2).
Moleong, L. J. (2013). Metodologi Penelitian Kualitatif. Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
Oktavia, W. (2018). Variasi Jargon Chatting Whatsapp grup Mahasiswa Tadris Bahasa Indonesia. Jurnal Kata, 2(2), hlm. 317—325.
Sari, I., & Nurhuda, Z. (2018). Jargon Pada Grup Whatsapp Ladies Bikers Indonesia. Sasindo Unpam, 6(2), hlm. 28—52.
Suminar, M. (2018). Artikel Jargon Jual Beli Online Dalam Media Sosial Instagram (Kajian Sosiolinguistik). Simki-Pedagogia, 02(04).
Copyright (c) 2020 Anisa Ayu Fitnia, Rahutami, Tatik Swandari
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.