SWEARING OF TERNATE MALAY LANGUAGE IN SOCIAL MEDIA
Language is closely related to the norms and customs of its speakers. Language reflects the character, expression, and culture of the speaker, both oral and written. Social media as one of the means to express feelings through words or sentences, in its development, makes some users forget politeness in language. Comments and uploads on social media often contain swearing or swearing. This does not only happen in Indonesia but also the use of language in the use of local languages, including Malay Ternate (BMT) a language of inter-ethnic in North Maluku. This study aims to describe the lexical and pragmatic meanings of BMT speech that contain swearing.
The results show that the form of swearing in BMT sentences on social media uses animal names such as anjing and babi, curses with bodysuch as trada otak, and negative professions such as lonte, bangsat, janda longgar, and janda ayam-ayam, curses in the form of phrases such as bendahara dgn ijazah SMA sj, curses of adjectives such as sombong, biadab, makan puji, and kurang ajar, curses of verbs such as cukimai, curses in the form of sentences such as ngn itam baru anjing itu putih, curses that describe the state of a person like ngn itam, and curses using plant names like kalapa kao. The remarks in the BMT mean expressing feelings of anger, annoyance, disappointment, and humiliation.
Bachari, Andika, dkk. (2017). Pragmatik: Analisis Penggunaan Bahasa. Bandung: Penerbit Prodi Linguistik SPs UPI.
Collins, J. (2005). Bahasa Melayu Bahasa Dunia. jakarta: Yayasan Obor Indonesia.
Cummings, L. (2007). Pragmatik. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Ibda, H. (2019). Penggunaan Umpatan Thelo, Jidor, Sikem, Sikak Sebagai Wujud Marah Dan Ekspresi Budaya Warga Temanggung. Ranah: Jurnal Kajian Bahasa. https://doi.org/10.26499/rnh.v8i2.1293
Ibrahim, G. (2009). Metamorfosa Sosial dan Kepunahan Bahasa (1st ed.). Ternate: Lembaga Penerbitan Universitas Khairun.
KBBI. (2016). Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia ( KBBI ). Kementerian Pendidikan Dan Budaya.
Leech, G. (1993). Prinsip-prinsip Pragmatik. jakarta: UI-Press.
Rahardi, K. (2009). Bahasa Prevoir Budaya. Yogyakarta: Pinus Book Publisher.
Sobur, A. (2009). Semiotika Komunikasi. Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
Sudaryanto. (2015). Metode dan Aneka Teknik Analisis Bahasa: Pengantar Penelitian Wahana Kebudayaan secara Linguistis. Yogyakarta: Duta Wacana University Press.
Copyright (c) 2020 Fida Febriningsih
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.