AFFIXES WORDS REDUPLICATION OF MALAY TERNATE
This article studies the reduplication process of Malay Ternate (BMT). The process of reduplication when compared to Indonesian, has a uniqueness that is not found in Indonesian. By using qualitative methods, this study describes the process of reduplication and its implications for BMT. Reduplication of affixed word in the Malay Ternate can occur multiple times. In the type of verb that forms the verb "ba", reduplication can occur up to three times, either on prefix reduplication, basic word reduplication, and full affixed word reduplication. While the reduplication of verbs with the prefix "ma" only occur twice reduplication, those are in the prefix and full affixed word. For the word "ta", the implication of the word class is to be an adjective class. In reduplication with the prefix "ta", the average occur three times reduplication, namely in the prefix, base word, and full affixed word. This study shows that any word that is reduplicated up to three times due to the basic word can be used independently in BMT or not bound to the prefix. While the word that is always bounds to the prefix in its use has a chance of reduplication only twice.
Ibrahim, Gufran A. (2009). Metamorfosa Sosial dan Kepunahan Bahasa. Ternate: LepKhair
Keraf, Gorys. (1991). Linguistik Bandingan Historis. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Lieber, Rochelle. (2009). Introduction Morphology. Cambridge University Press
Litamahuputty, Betty. (2012). Ternate Malay: Grammar and Texts. Disertasi Universitas Leiden
Mahsun. (2006). Metodologi Penelitian Bahasa: Tahapan Strategi, Metode, dan Tekniknya. Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada.
Patty, Sarjan. (2010). Pemakaian Bahasa Melayu Ternate: Kajian Sosiolinguisti. Tesis UGM
Pemetaan Bahasa Daerah Di Maluku Utara: Sebaran, Pemerolehan, Dan Pola Penggunaan. Kerjasama Badan Perencanaan Pembangunan Daerah (Bappeda) Provinsi Maluku Utara Dengan Fakultas Sastra Dan Budaya Universitas Khairun tahun 2008
Probonegoro, dkk. (2010). Ekologi Bahasa di Wilayah Pesisir dan Pedalaman: Studi Awal Bahasa dan Kebudayaan Gamkonora. Jakarta: LIPI Press
Yufaini. (2011). Struktur Morfologi Bahasa Melayu Ternate di Kecamatan Pulau Ternate, Provinsi Maluku Utara: Studi Linguistik Struktural. Tesis Program Studi Linguistik, UPI
Copyright (c) 2021 Fachmi Alhadar, Rudi S. Tawari
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.