THE VERB PHRASE OF TIDORE LANGUAGE IN GENERATIVE GRAMMAR
This study aims at analyzing the structure of Tidore language verb phrase. Descriptive method is used of this study in order to describe the language phenomena in a certain period of time. The data are obtained through recording, elicitation, and retrospection from native speakers (Ahmad Rajak and Sabtu Puha) who settle at the Tidore subdistrict. The basis theory is Generative Grammar. The result of this study indicates that the structures of Tidore language verb phrases are constructed by the transitive verbs as a nucleus which followed by the attributes in the form of noun phrases and followed by noun phrases which can be developed by prepositional phrases and adverbial phrase as well. The positions of nucleus verbs are preceded by objective noun phrases. The transitive verbs of Tidore language have the affixes in the form of prefixes such as yo-, mo-, so-, wo-,. The verb phrases structure rules of Tidore language consist of FV → Spec + V’ + FN + FPrep, FV → Spec + V’ + FN + FAdv, FV → Spec + V’ + FN.
Bickford, J. A. (1989). Alat Analisis Bahasa-Bahasa Dunia: Morfologi dan Sintaksis. Summer Institute of Linguistics.
Chaer, A. (2003). Linguistik Umum. Reneka Cipta.
Collins, J. (2007). Diversitas Bahasa di Maluku Utara: Pertemuan Asia dan Oseania Makalah disajikan dalam kuliah umum tentang asal mula bahasa Tidore dan Ternate diselenggarakan oleh Fakultas Sastra dan Budaya Universitas Khairun, Ternate: Ternate.
Daeng, Kembong dan Syamsuddin, M. (2005). Sintaksis Bahasa Makassar. State University of Makassar Press.
Elson, B. dan V. P. (1976). Introduction to Morphology and Syntax. Summer Institute of Linguistics.
Harlow, J. S. (1996). Generative Grammar: Transformational Grammar. UK.
Mahsun. (2005). Metode Penelitian Bahasa: Tahapan Strategi, Metode, dan Tekniknya. PT. Raja Grafindo Persada.
Masaetiene, D. (2009). Introduction into Linguistics: A Teaching Guide. Vytauto Didžiojo Universitetas.
Masinambow, E. K. M. (2001). Bahasa Ternate dalam Konteks Bahasa-bahasa Austronesia dan Non Austronesia. Lintas.
Quirk, Randolph, et. al. (1985). A Comprehensive Grammar Of The English Language. Longman Group Limited.
Radford A. (2006). Minimalist Syntax Revisited.
Rahman, M., M. (2006). Mengenal Kesultanan Tidore. Lembaga Kesenian Kantor Limau Duko Kesultanan Tidore.
Soeparno. (2002). Dasar-dasar Linguistik Umum. PT. Tiara Wacana Yogya.
Tim Kompas. (2007, November). Bahasa Daerah Terancam Punah.
Wurianto, A. B. (2002). Globalisasi, Teknologi Informasi dan Peran Bahasa Daerah, Sebagai Pencitraan Budaya Nasional. MLI, 02(08), 233.
Copyright (c) 2021 Suddin M. Saleh Djumadil
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.