THE CATEGORY OF MEANING COMPONENTS IN ARABIC VERBS BEGINNING WITH THE LETTER BA: BINARY ANALYSIS
This study discusses the categorization of verbs based on the meaning components. To focus the discussion, the author only takes data on some verbs starting with the letter ba' in the Al Munawwir Arabic-Indonesian dictionary published in 2002. The research method is composed of three stages, the first stage is data collection using the observation, listening, and note-taking method. Meanwhile, data analysis uses the distributional method and binary analysis. The result of binary analysis shows that verbs starting with the letter ba' have the meaning of measure, action, and deed. Three verbs are composed of components meaning action and experience. Four verbs are composed of action and benefactive meaning components. One verb is composed of components meaning action and location. Fourteen verbs are indicated as human. The seven verbs are signaled as non-human. The six verbs can be indicated as human or non-human. Based on binary analysis, it can be concluded that verbs starting with the letter ba' are composed by meaning components in the form of process.
Anis, M. Y. (2017). Equivalence at Word Level in Creative Writing Process Based on The WSQA (Word, Sentence, Question, and Answer) Method: Case Studies in the Translation of Indonesian Short Stories Into Arabic Language. Proceeding on International Conference & Call for Paper “Trends of Arabic Language in Digital Era; Education, Literature, and Technology., Hal. 632 – 637.
Anis, M. Y., & Saddhono, K. (2016). The Antonym of Lexeme Using the Affixation “Me-Kan”: Morphosemantics Analysis. Jurnal Pendidikan Bahasa Dan Sastra, Volume 16(No: 1. April 2016), hal 1 – 13.
Chaer, A. (2003). Linguistik Umum. PT Rineka Cipta.
Chaer, A., & Agustina, L. (2004). Sosiolinguistik Perkenalan Awal. PT Rineka Cipta.
Chafe, W. L. (1970). Meaning and the Structure of Language. The University of Chicago Press.
Fu’ad, N. (n.d.). Mulakhas Qawa’idul Lughah Al Arabiyyah (cetakan IX). Darul Hikmah.
Ma’ruf, A. (1992). Laporan Penelitian Kata Kerja Berpola Yaf’ulu yang Berasal dari Pola Fa’ala.
Mastoyo, T. (2007). Pengantar (Metode) Penelitian Bahasa. Penerbit Carasvatibooks.
Munawwir, A. W. (2007). Kamus Al Munawwir Indonesia Arab Terlengkap. Penerbit Pustaka Progresif.
Sudaryanto. (1983). Predikat-Objek dalam Bahasa Indonesia. Jambatan.
Suharyanto, F. (2000). Verba Kausatif Berafiks MeN-Kan, Memper, dan Memper, dan Memper-Kan dalam Bahasa Indonesia. Universitas Gadjah Mada Yogyakarta.
Tampubolon, D. P., Abubakar, & Sitorus, M. (1979). Tipe-Tipe Semantik Kata Kerja Bahasa Indonesia Kontemporer. Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
Widyawati, N. (1998). Verba Proses dalam Bahasa Inonesia. Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Copyright (c) 2021 Muhammad Yunus Anis
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.