Kindship in Sula Language from Gender Perspective
In gender perspective of Sula language, there is a different form of addressing male and female in nucleus family. This can be seen in the use of second single pronoun mon “you” and gu “you”. This kind of addressing covers the usual dimension or (unequal) and is used by anyone. More dominantly, women use polite addressing (equivalent) when greeting men, as in the word kim “you” referred to singular pronoun and gi “you” referred to plural pronoun. in Sula kinship, the word "kim" and "gi" are considered to be more prestigious in social status and more polite. This study aims to identify the forms of kinship address in nucleus family from the perspective of gender. This is a qualitative research and the technique of collecting data involves the activities of observing, listening, noting, and recording.
Bugin, Burhan, 2003. Analisis Data Penelitian Kualitatif. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Chaer, Abdul dan Leonie Agustina. 2004. Sosiolinguistik Perkenalan Awal. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Chaer, Abdul 2007. Pengantar Linguistik Umum. Jakarta: PT Rineka Cipta.
Kutha Ratna, Nyoman. 2004. Teori Metode, dan Teknik Penelitian Sastra.Yogjakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Kuntjara, Esther. 2003. Gender Bahasa dan Kekuasaan. Jakarta: PT BPK Gunung Mulia.
Kridalaksana, Harimurti. 2005. Kelas Kata dalam Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Mahsun. 2006. Metode Penelitian Bahasa: Tahapan Strategi Metode, dan Tekniknya. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.
Muhammad. 2012. Metode dan Teknik Analisis Data Linguistik. Yogyakarta: Liebe Book Press.
Ollenburger, Jene C. 2002. Sosiologi Wanita. Jakarta: PT Rineka Cipta.
Rakib, Suaiba. 2008. “Sistim Sapaan Kekerabatan Dalam Bahasa Tidore”. Skripsi. Fakultas Sastra dan Budaya, Universitas Khairun Ternate.
Syariah, Pro. 2007. Keadilan dan Kesetaraan Gender. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Saadawi, Nawel El. 2003. Wajah Telanjang Perempuan. Jogjakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Wiki. 2016. Hubungan_Kekerabatan. Https://Id.Wikipedia. Tanggal, 20 April 2016.
Kamusq. 2012. Gender-Pengertian-dan-Definisi.html. http://www. com. Tanggal 21 Juni 2016.
Ridanumidarojah. 2016. Kata-Sapaan-Honorfik. Http://Blogspot.Co.Id/2013/05/.Tanggal 19 Juni 2016.
Copyright (c) 2016 Nurhayati Fokkaya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.