An Alternative to Inculcate Children’s Preference in Literature
Lack of children’s appreciation to literary works is caused by the lack of literary knowledge.Children are rarely introduced to literary works which stretch the distance between children and literature. This paper is a form of thinking of how to foster a sense of concern for the children to literature through fairy tales that children will love and be appreciative with literature and literary works. Parents as the party that hold the main contribution to the formation of a child’s personality are more active by providing the fairy tales that align the needs of children. Through stories, children can be taught to know better the literature,enjoy, and feel the benefits. Fairy tales are not just providing entertainment for children, but also providing a much more extensive education on children’s moral, ethical, and noble character without feeling patronized and lectured.
Bimo.2012. “Teknik Bercerita untuk Anak Usia Dini”. http://kakbimo.wordpress.com/makalah-ringkas/.Diakses: Rabu, 24 Oktober 2012, pkl 3:08 Wita.
Endraswara, Suwardi. 2003. Membaca, Menulis, Mengajarkan Sastra. Yogyakarta: Kota Kembang.
Kurniawan, Heru. 2009. Sastra Anak dalam Kajian Strukturalisme, Sosiologi, Semiotika, hingga Penulisan Kreatif. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
La Taena., dkk. 2002. Cerita Rakyat Muna. Raha: Dinas Pendidikan Nasional Kabupaten Muna.
Nasruddin dan Haruddin. 1998. Prosa dalam Sastra Tolaki. Jakarta: Departemen Pendidikan Nasional, Pusat Bahasa.
Prihandini, Asih. 2012. “Revitalisasi Budaya Ngadongeng Lewat Teknologi Informasi sebagai Upaya Pelestarian Budaya Tutur (Sastra Lisan) di Kalangan Keluarga Sunda Modern”. Proceedings International Seminar Language Maintenance and Shift II, Juli 5—6. Semarang: Master Program in Linguistics, Diponegoro University and Balai Bahasa Jawa Tengah.
Ratna, Nyoman Kutha. 2006. Teori, Metode, dan Teknik Penelitian Sastra. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Ratnawati, Sri. 2011. “Membangun Etika dan Estetika Melalui Dongeng”. Dalam Prosiding Seminar Nasional Bahasa dan Sastra, tanggal 24—25 Mei 2011. Mataram: Kantor Bahasa Provinsi NTB.
Copyright (c) 2013 Uniawati Uniawati
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.