The Study of Cohesion in Short Story “Dalam Perjamuan” by Taufiq El-Hakim
This paper aims to identify and determine the use of the elements of cohesion in the shortstory “dalam Perjamuan Cinta” (DPC). The method used is descriptive qualitative methodusing two approaches in discourse, namely the principle of analogy and local principles.The results showed that the appearances of the elements of grammatical cohesion in this reference are demonstrative pronouns and pronominal singular persona is more often foundin every temple of the fictional discourse paragraphs compared with lexical cohesion.
El-Hakim, Taufiq. 2008. “Dalam Perjamuan Cinta”. Dalam Republika.
Kridalaksana, H. 1994. Kelas Kata dalam Bahasa Indonesia. Edisi Kedua. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Samsuri. 1987. Analisis Bahasa. Malang: Erlangga.
Tarigan, Henry Guntur. 1983. Prinsip-Prinsip Dasar Sintaksis. Bandung: Angkasa.
Bright, William. 1992. Internasional Encyclopedia of Linguistics. Oxford: oxford University.
Halliday dan Hassan. 1973. Language, Context and Text: Aspect of Language in Social-Semiotic Perspevtive. London: Longman.
-----. 1976. Cohesion in English. London: Longman.
Kridalaksana, Harimurti. 1982. Kamus Linguistik. Jakarta: Gramedia.
Keraf, Gorys. 1991. Tata Bahasa Indonesia. Ende Flores: Nusa Indah.
Purwo,Bambang Kaswanti Purwo. 1984. Deiksis dalam Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: Balai Pustaka.
Quirk, Randolph. 1985. A Comprehensive Grammar of The English Language. London: longman.
Waluyo, Herman J. 1987. Teori dan Apresiasi Puisi. Jakarta: Erlangga.
Copyright (c) 2013 Mujahid Taha
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.