Riffaterre’s Semiotics of Sofyan Daud’s Elegi Laut
This study aims to describe the meaning of poem ‘Elegi Laut’ written by Sofyan Daud based on Riffaterre’s semiotic approach. The method used on this study is a qualitative method through heuristic and hermeneutic reading techniques. The result of this study shows that the poem of Sofyan Daud’s ‘Elegi Laut’ worked using literary conventions (indirectness), change of meaning (displacing) in the form of metaphor, and creating of meaning in the form of homologues 'common sense' and the strengthening of meaning. The variants refer to the same matrix, ie human beings as the actor of ecological imbalance itself. The matrix of Elegi Laut brings this poem to a textual hipogram as in Mangunwijaya work’s Ikan-Ikan Hiu, Ido, Homa
Daud, Sofyan. 2010. Jejak Arus. Ternate. Garasi Genta.
Faruk. 2012. Metode Penelitian Sastra. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Keraf, Gorys. 2007. Diksi dan Gaya Bahasa. Jakarta: Gramedia.
Mangunwijaya, Y.B. 2015. Ikan-Ikan Hiu, Ido, Homa. Jakarta: Gramedia.
Pradopo, Rachmad Djoko. 2005. Pengkajian Puisi. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
----------. 2012. “Penelitian Sastra dengan Pendekatan Semiotik” dalam Jabrohim (Ed.) Teori Penelitian Sastra. Yogyakarta. Pustaka Pelajar.
Ratna, I Nyoman Kuta. 2008. Teori, Metode, dan Teknik Penelitian Sastra. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Sayuti, Suminto A. 2002. Berkenalan dengan Puisi. Yogyakarta: Gama Media.
Teeuw, A. 1984. Sastra dan Ilmu Sastra: Pengantar Teori Sastra. Jakarta: Pustaka Jaya.
Copyright (c) 2016 Naratungga Indit Prahasita
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.