Resistance and The Model of Gender Equality in Perempuan Berkalung Sorban by Abidah El Khalieqy
The research on “Perempuan Berkalung Sorban” aimed at revealing aesthetic reconstructive model of gender discrimination in an Islamic boarding school environment and the model of aspired gender equality.This research used feminist literary criticism as a medium to express gender equality in the novel “Perempuan Berkalung Sorban”. Feminist literary criticism is regarded as a new life in a critique based on feelings,thoughts, and responses of the women based on the role vision and position in the literary world. Through the theory of feminist literary criticism, it could be concluded that the resistance and the model of gender equality in the novel ‘Perempuan Berkalung Sorban’ is a structured and massive gender discrimination which was built up from internal and external elements of literary works, such as the use of age, situation of the house, school and marriage. Meanwhile, Islam has been used as a shelter for the establishment of patriarchal culture in the different spheres of life. The model of gender equality was finally shown through Nisa’s second marriage with Khodori Lek. Nisa’s marriage was a marriage which became an ideal oraspired model of gender equality and a form of resistance to the first marriage with Syamsuddin.
Djajanegara, Soenarjati. 2000. Kritik Sastra Feminis: Sebuah Pengantar. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Endraswara, Suwardi. 2008. Metode Penelitian Sastra: Epistemelogi, Model, Teori, dan Aplikasi. Yogyakarta: Med Press.
Fakih, Mansour. 2001. Analisis Gender dan Transformasi Sosial. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Fanani, Zainuddin. 2001. Telaah Sastra. Surakarta: Muhammadiyah Press.
Kadarusman. 2005. Agama, Relasi Gender, dan Feminisme. Yogyakarta: Kreasi Wacana. Drajat. 2003. Citra Perempuan dalam Islam, Pandangan Ormas Keagamaan. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka
Ratna, Nyoman Kutha. 2004. Metode dan Teknik Penelitian Sastra. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar
--------. 200 3. Paradig ma Sosiologi Sastra. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar
Suharto, Sugiharto. 2005. Kritik Sastra Feminis: Teori dan Aplikasi. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
Sofia, Adib. 2009. Aplikasi Kritik Sastra Feminis: Perempuan dalam Karya-Karya Kuntowijoyo. Yogyakarta: Citra Pustaka.
Teeuw. 1984. Sastra dan Ilmu Sastra: Pengantar Teori Sastra. Jakarta: Pustaka Jaya.
Copyright (c) 2014 Wildan Wildan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.