The Revitalization of Bonai Literature
Globalization myth that emerges nowadays is a globalization process that will create uniform world (homogeneous). The globalization is suspected to be not only to set up point of view of society to the changing world but also to slowly eliminate national identity. Besides, globalization also has brought about a new awareness that pushed aside local values by massive imaging of developed countries. Then, will the local wisdom be able to be a filter of negative impacts of globalization? Bonai ethnic group, one of indigenous people in Riau, is a community that has begun to vanish by the globalization. Even though, the majority of the society still retains their traditional pattern of thinking and lifestyle, the young generation of the ethnic group has begun to leave out their original culture. On the basis of that fact, it is necessary to think about the handling of prevention so that the community will not be disappeared by the ages. an attempt that can be handled is the revitalization of its literature. The main task that is carried out is to inventory Bonai literature. The result shows that Bonai ethnic group has many folklores: oral folklore, half oral folklore, and non- oral folklore. After studied by using analytic descriptive method, the tradition of Bonai ethnic group shows specific cultural enchantment and local identity so that they can be contributed to strengthen learning material as local wisdom (Malay). From cultural perspective, it is known that local wisdom may filter the negative impacts of globalization so that the identity of Bonai ethnic group will be well maintained.
Ayatrohaedi. 1986. Kepribadian Budaya Bangsa (Local Genius). Jakarta: Pustaka Jaya.
Brunvand, Jan Harold. 1968. The Study of American Folklore: An Introduction. New York: W.W. Norton & Co. Inc.
Budianta, Melani. 2007. “Lokalitas Sastra dalam Konteks Global” dalam Jurnal Cerpen Indonesia 8 (Edisi Khusus Kongres Cerpen). Jakarta: Yayasan Akar.
Danandjaja, James. 1994. Folklor Indonesia: Ilmu Gosip, Dongeng, dan lain-lain. Jakarta: Grafiti.
Danardana, Agus Sri (Ed.). 2011. Ensiklopedia Sastra Riau. Pekanbaru: Palagan Press.
Effendy,Tenas. 2004. Tunjuk Ajar Melayu: Butir-butir Budaya Melayu Riau. Yogyakarta: Balai Kajian dan Pengembangan Budaya Melayu.
Fitriana, Yulita, dkk. 2013. Folklor Suku Bonai. Pekanbaru: Palagan Press.
Madjid, Bakhtiar. 2009. “Revitalisasi Tradisi Lisan Dola Bololo dalam Masyarakat Kesultanan Ternate: Sebuah Kajian Budaya” (Tesis). Bali: Program Studi Kajian Budaya, Universitas Udayana.
Pilliang, Yasraf Amir. 2004. Dunia yang Dilipat: Tamasya Melampaui Batas-batas Kebudayaan, Bandung: Jalasutra.
Pora, Syahyunan. 2014. “Tinjauan Filosofis Kearifan Lokal Sastra Lisan Ternate”. Dalam Jurnal Uniera Volume 3 Nomor 1, ISSN 2086-0404.
Wardhana, Wisnoe. 1990. Pendidikan Seni Tari. Jakarta: Departemen Pendidikan Nasional.
Zaidan, Abdul Razak dan Anita K. Rustapa. 1994. Kamus Istilah Sastra. Jakarta: PT Balai Pustaka.
Copyright (c) 2017 Dessy Wahyuni
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.