Prepositions in Kaili Language
Kaili language is the language spoken in Central Sulawesi. as the native language, Kaili language plays an important role in the society. Therefore, as a local language, Kaili language needs to bemaintained and preserved. This research aimed at (1) describing and determining the forms of prepositionin Kaili language and (2) describing the function of prepositions in the sentence. Interview was doneas the method of the research. The results show that there are two forms of prepositions in Kaili Language. They are single preposition and combined preposition. Single preposition consists of rootword and prefix preposition while combined preposition consists of adjoining preposition, correlated preposition, and locative nominal preposition. Prepositions in Kaili language may function as placemarker, causative marker, manner marker, time marker, purposive marker, and comparative marker.
Alwi, Hasan. 2003. Tata Bahasa Baku Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: Balai Pustaka.
Chaer, Abdul. 1994. Tata Bahasa Praktis Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta: Bharatara.
Char, Abdul. 2007. Linguistik Umum. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Kaseng, Syahruddin. Et al. 1979. Bahasa-Bahasa di Sulawesi Tengah. Jakarta: Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa, Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
Keraf, Gorys. 1984. Tata Bahasa Indonesia. Flores: Nusa Indah.
Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa Departemen Pendidikan Nasional Republik Indonesia. 2007. Pedoman Umum Ejaan Bahasa Indonesia Yang Disempurnakan. Bandung: Yrama Widya.
Samsuri. 1981. Analisa Bahasa. Jakarta: Erlangga.
Sibarani, Robert. 1997. Sintaksis Bahasa Batak Toba. Medan: Universitas Sumatera Utara Press (USU PRESS).
Sudaryanto. 1993. Metode dan Aneka Teknik Analisis Bahasa. Yogyakarta: Duta Wacana Univesity Press.
Tarigan, H.G. 1984. Prinsip-Prinsip Dasar Sintaksis. Bandung: Angkasa.
Copyright (c) 2014 Tamrin Tamrin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The writer of published paper on Gramatika have agreed this following:
- Article copyright still had by the author.
- The author gives the first publication right of the article to Gramatika and its lisence onto Creative Commons Attribution License that allow other party to use or recitate the article but keep mention the name of original author and the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed to republish the article that Gramatika have been published it before through separated contract deal due to non-exclusive distribution (ex: submitting in to institution repository or publishing onto a book) but still mention the first publication on Gramatika.
- The author is allowed and recommended to distribute her/his papers to the virtual world (ex: in the institution repository or author’s homepage) before or during the document consignment process because can support the productive exchange also an early and wide citation.
- Every documents have been accepted should be attached with Copyright Submission Approval Form before article publication. Download the form here.